Saturday, January 20, 2007

Saturday Sky ... and it's raining !!

Can you believe this photo ..... the last week has been extremely hot, humid and so uncomfortable - yet today we had rain.... and at long last! The rains brought welcome relief to the bushfires in Victoria. They have been burning since 1 December and has burnt over 1,000,000 hectares of beautiful forest. Australia is experiencing severe drought conditions and here in Victoria our major drinking water reservoirs are very low. We can only water our gardens with a hose twice a week for two hours in the morning and two in the evening. I recycle my washing maching water into a wheelie bin and then bucket it out onto the garden.

Today Chloe (our Border Collie/Kelpie X dog) and I began dog obedience classes. I thought it was for deliquent dogs but it was for juvenile dogs (same thing??). Mind you Chloe is 18 months old now and the other dogs in our class were around 6-8 months old. I think Chloe thought she was "mother" to them and I felt like a grannie!!!

I was extremely pleased with her progress today, especially as the classes began last Saturday and we had to miss that class.

We will show them next week ..... just how clever she is !!!

No comments: