Wednesday, October 04, 2006

SECRET PAL 9

1. What is/are your favourite yarn/s to knit with? What fibres do you absolutely *not* like?
I don’t have a favourite yarn. I like unusual yarns to knit with. Acrylics are probably the one yarn I don’t like, although there are some very interesting acrylic yarns around, whilst there are some that absolutely shout out “I’m an acrylic!!”


2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
My needles are stored upright in two large jars (one for smaller size needles and the other for the larger size needles. My hooks are stored in a pencil case.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I have been knitting since I was about 8 years old. My mother taught me to knit. I consider myself an intermediate knitter….. although I absolutely love the lacy patterns, I find it difficult to concentrate ….maybe I am just a lazy knitter. My crochet skills are basic!

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? No except 25 hours in a day!!

5. What's your favourite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)
I don’t burn candles or use bath products (I love a shower, but due to water shortages, showers aren’t that long). I suppose my favourite scent would be roses.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favourite candy?
DO I HAVE A SWEET TOOTH ????? Doesn’t everyone !!! I live in Australia, and we call candy “sweets, lollies, confectionary, chocolates”. I have been dieting for 14 weeks now …..oh it is going to be difficult at Christmas time.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
Yes I do spin, and thoroughly enjoy it. I enjoy dyeing (colouring) either with natural dyes or commercial dyes. I have tried nearly every other craft, but spinning is my passion (although I am not an expert).

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I must admit, I don’t listen to a lot of music, eg CDs. The radio station that we listen too plays a lot of older type music…..from the 1950s to the 80s. Now that is dating me! But yes, my computer does take a CD.

9. What's your favorite colour(s)? Any colours you just can't stand?
I suppose my favourite colours are blue and purple. I don’t like straight orange.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I have a husband called Ern and a lovely 2 year old Border Collie/Kelpie X called Chloe.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I wear scarves, hats and gloves.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Presently I like to knit scarves, beanies and the occasional jumper (with no intricate work).

13. What are you knitting right now?
I am currently knitting some handspun wool and silk scarves.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
OF COURSE….. handmade gifts come from the heart and I always appreciate the work and thought that has gone into the making of such a gift.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I use straight needles for a small amount of stitches and circular needles for a LOT of stitches…..

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Yes I own both

17. How old is your oldest UFO? Ummmmmmm ……years
18. What is your favourite holiday?Last year I went to Disneyland (California) with my sister and her daughter. We had a wonderful time. In the past, I have always enjoyed travelling around Australia.

19. Is there anything that you collect?
Ummmmm………..dust ……… I hate housework and much prefer to do something else, like craftwork. Seriously though, I don’t collect anything now.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?I am waiting for the new book “Spin to Knit” to be launched in Australia. I don’t have any knitting magazine subs.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? None at the moment

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
No ….. earlier this year I knitted one sock (half a pair) and framed it!!!
Length of my foot is a dainty 10.5 inches.

23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) 22 September

No comments: